Skip to main content

The Waiting is Almost Over!!

 I know it has been a while since my last post!  A lot has happened but I just wasn't sure about posting until things were more final!  We have been in this process since October of 2016...almost 4 years.  The adoption is final and now we are just waiting for immigration stuff to be completed so that we can bring our girls home to the USA!  

Last July we got our official match for three little girls.  That began a crazy couple of weeks of getting ready for Greg and I to travel to Haiti to meet them and have some time bonding.  We spent the last half of last August in Haiti.  It was such a sweet time of getting to know the girls.  (I have a whole blog post about our trip that I will post when we get them home.) Leaving them there was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do!

It is so strange to come home to the US knowing that 3 of your children are miles away.  It is a feeling that I cannot describe.  The craziest thing was that no-one (other than Greg) could understand what I was feeling.  It didn't even seem real to our bio kids.  It took several weeks for my emotions to level out.

One thing we felt was very important was to have our bio kids take a trip to Haiti to have a kids bonding trip.  We scheduled a trip for November of 2019 but with all the political unrest in Haiti we were unable to travel.  We finally got to go down as a family in March.  

The trip in March was full of so many emotions!  Getting off the plane in Haiti felt like I was coming home!  I was so happy to be in Haiti with my WHOLE family.  It truly was a feeling of completion.  We only had a short time to visit with the girls but the time was sweet.  We also got to spend some time with our friends at Haiti Awake.  It was a wonderful few days!

We came home from Haiti to chaos here in the US as COVID 19 was hitting and everything was going crazy.  The flights home were strange in themselves.  There were not many people at all in the airports and everyone was acting standoffish.  I don't have to tell you much about all that...you know how things have been.  

We finally got out Article 23.  The Article 23 is the document that states that the adoption proceedings were all done in compliance with the law and the adoption is final.  The girls now have our last name!

The race is on now to get them home.  They need passports and visas to come into the US.  Once we get all the proper immigration paperwork done...we can go get them!!

We have spent this last year preparing for them.  We redid bedrooms and bathrooms.  We have been buying little clothes.  We have been trying to embrace every moment we have together as a family of 6 before we become a family of 9.  It has been a crazy long "pregnancy" with the birth of 3 littles as the reward at the end!

One quick note about funding.  As big as that mountain looked and as many costs that came up that we weren't anticipating - GOD PROVIDED!!  It truly is a story in itself how God provided for every detail of this adoption.  We cannot thank everyone enough for all of the gifts that you gave to help us get these girls home.  Every little bit helped.  When I think about the amount of money that God provided and all the little "Wow God" moments we have had along the way, it makes me realize how truly blessed we are!

Speaking of blessed...Many people have told us how blessed our girls are that we have done this for them.  I'm never really sure exactly what to say to that.  I don't feel like we are doing anything extraordinary for the girls.  We are just being obedient to God!  In all reality, the girls are so much more a blessing to us than we could ever be to them!  I'm so grateful to God that he chose them for our family!  

As we get closer to bringing the girls home, I know that this is not the end of the journey but truly just the beginning!  Life as we have known it will not be the same.  It will be richer!  It will be harder!  It will be sweeter!  It will also be overwhelming at times.  We are almost 50 years old and have a 2 & 3 year old!!  

I am super excited to parent in this new season.  I've learned so much as a parent and I'm excited to embrace things I didn't think I had time for the first time around.  I'm ready to see how our bio kids are going to grow from this experience.  

We need your prayers!  Please pray for this phase to move quickly and the girls to get home SOON.  Pray for us as a family that we will bond well and the girls will fit in seamlessly!  Please pray that this act of obedience will encourage others to follow God's calls.  Please pray that we will be the parents the girls need.

Thank you for following our journey.  As soon as we get them home, I will post pictures and the rest of the story!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glory to God!!

All of the glory goes to God!  This morning I am not feeling well physically.  I have a nasty cold but, I am feeling so blessed!  Our fundraiser last night was so overwhelming!  We were blown away by the love and support shown to us by so many people. Let me back up...last night we had a silent auction and pancake supper fundraiser for our adoption expenses.  This was so far out of our comfort zone on SO many levels!  The idea of raising money is very uncomfortable.  The idea of raising money for ourselves magnifies that by about 100!!  Based on the sheer expense of international adoption, we knew we could not do move forward without some help.  We prayed about how best to do this and the silent auction/flapjack fundraiser was born! Now that we had a plan, we needed items for our auction.  Greg is a very talented woodworker (well he's talented at everything;)).  We began in February working on making items for the donation ourselves.  We made pallet signs, centerpieces, trash t
 The girls are HOME!! We brought the girls home at the end of October!  They are doing really well and everything feels so natural!  Glory to God for bringing everything together in HIS time! The last few weeks before we brought the girls home were probably the hardest few weeks of our lives.  I can honestly say that was the hardest thing I have ever done!  The emotional ups and downs were off the chart!  Greg and I tried to jump in front of God...hindsight is 20/20!  Once we were able to back up and just wait on His timing, everything came together! We took Eli with us to pick up the girls!  He was such an incredible help and blessing!  I can't imagine the trip without him!   We want to thank you all for your love and support over the last 4 years!  The journey was long and had many turns and twists!  We are beginning a new journey as a family of 9 now!  We will continue to covet your prayers as we all adjust to our new normal!  (I realize how old I am every night when I am exhaus

Fundraising...it feels like a bad word!

We are in this waiting phase...waiting for a match!  While we wait, life goes on.  We are constantly busy with our 4 children and all the craziness that goes along with that.  Then...there is the fundraising!  That word is so difficult for me.  I know I've talked about this before but, I really struggle with fundraising.  I trust that God will provide for this adoption because He has called us to it.  I also trust that other people "want" to be a part of this process.  BUT, none of that makes this any easier.  The reality is that we have to raise about $25000 MORE!  Let me tell you we have seen God move mountains thus far!  He has been so incredibly faithful and provided everything we have needed as we have needed it.  So why is it so difficult to believe He can provide this?!  It's a HUGE amount of money!  I battle with feeling like we are the ones adopting and it's our responsibility to pay for it VS knowing that people want to be a blessing to us by helping.  I